COMPETITION PARTICIPANTS’ TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and prize details forms part of these Terms & Conditions of Entry.
- This document constitutes the Terms and Conditions of Entry (Terms and Conditions) for the Million Dollar Fish Competition and associated prizes and/or promotions (Competition) being conducted by Northern Territory Major Events Company (NTMEC) in the Northern Territory of Australia with and on behalf of the Promotion NTMEC reserves the right to add Promotion Partners for the Competition from time to time.
- Entry into the Competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms and Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions are ineligible and NTMEC reserves its absolute right to disqualify any Entrant from the Competition if any entries and/or an Entrant’s conduct do not comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition is a game of skill requiring the eligible Entrant to use legal and reasonable methods as directed by NT Fisheries recreational fishing guidelines to recapture a Barramundi with a Sportsbet Fish Tag in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- All Entrants must be aged 18 years or older to be eligible to participate in the Competition.
- In these Terms and Conditions of Entry, unless the contrary intention appears, capitalized words and phrases have the following meanings:
“Cash Prize Deposit” means a cash payment made by Sportsbet to an eligible Entrant who recaptures a Barramundi with a Sportsbet Fish Tag in a manner that complies with the Terms and Conditions and are remitted to a nominated bank account.
“Cash Prize Winner” shall mean each Entrant who recaptures a barramundi with a Sportsbet Fish Tag during the Competition Period and in a manner compliant with the Terms and Conditions.
“Cash Prize” means:
- 99 x Barramundi with Sportsbet Fish Tag; each worth a Prize of AUD$10,000cash; (or such other cash amount as might apply in respect of each fish for special promotions as specified by NTMEC in its sole discretion from time to time); and
- 12 x Barramundi with Sportsbet Fish Tag: each worth a Prize of AUD$1,000,000 cash
“Claim” means an Entrant who believes he or she has recaptured a Barramundi with a Sportsbet Fish Tag and they are eligible to receive the relevant Cash Prize.
“Commercial Fishing Vessel” means a fishing boat devoted to or in any way associated with the catching, processing or selling of fish for commercial purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, Commercial Fishing Vessel does not include a Recreational Fishing Charter Vessel or Tourism Charter Vessel.
“Competition Entry Period” means the period commencing 1 September 2023 and ending 11.59pm on 31 March 2024 inclusive during which an Entrant can register to participate in the Competition via the www.milliondollarfish.com.au website.
“Competition Period” means the following or such other dates as may be specified on the website and in these T&Cs from time to time:
- In respect of the 99 x AUD$10,000 Cash Prizes, the period commencing 12:01am 1 October 2023 and ending at 11:59pm on 31 March 2024; and
- in the case of the 12 x AUD$1,000,000 Cash Prizes, the period commencing 12:01am on 1 October 2023 and ending at 11:59pm on 30 September 2024.
“Entrant Identification” means proof of the Entrant’s identity including, if requested by NTMEC, the provision of legal identification documentation.
“Entrant” means a person who is eligible to participate in the Competition and has submitted a registration in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Entry via the www.milliondollarfish.com.au website and that registration has been accepted by NTMEC.
“Family Members” means a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, child, or sibling or in-law (whether full, half, step or by adoption).
“Fisheries NT” means Department of Industry Tourism and Trade (DITT) in the jurisdiction of the Northern Territory of Australia.
“InfoFish” means Infofish Australia Pty Ltd of 12 Mingoola Street, Murarrie Queensland 4172, Australia, which has been engaged as the independent company to verify claims for Sportsbet Fish Tag prizes.
“Landing Net” means any shaped fishnet on a long handle to take a captured fish from the water.
“Line Fishing” means a form of fishing involving a single line, which may or may not be contained by a rod or reel and may be a hand-held line and may only use accessories (rigs) such as hook(s) and/or sinker(s) and/or lure(s).
“Net Fishing” means a form of fishing using a combination of lines weaved or woven in a grid-like structure of any size that is used to trap and catch single or multiple fish. This includes, but is not limited to, a “Drift Net”, “Cast Net”, “Gill Net”, “Seine”, “Trammel or Trammel Net”, “Trawl net”, “Dragnet” or “Trawl”.
“Nominees” means any individual or entity nominated by NTMEC in connection with the conduct of the Competition including its Promotion Partners.
“Personal Information” means and includes an Entrant’s full name, country of residence, age; email address, telephone number and how they heard about the competition.
“Prize Claim Verification” means the verification process set out in Clauses 25, 26, 27 and 28 required to be met to win the Cash Prize.
“Promotion Partner” means and includes Sportsbet Pty Ltd (ABN 87 088 326 612), Airnorth (28 008 137 559), Airport Development Group (ABN 22 085 961 520), Craig’s Fishing Warehouse (ABN 25 009 625 923), Carlton & United Breweries Pty Ltd (ABN 76 004 056 106), Engel Distribution Pty Ltd (ABN 75 092 513 874), Holidays of Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 44 148 001 969), Red Earth Automotive Pty Ltd Trading as Hidden Valley Ford (ABN 30 162 501 279), Shimano Australia Fishing Pty Ltd (ABN 81 002 102 392), Reidys Lures (ABN 98 965 079 889), Tourism Holdings Australia Pty Limited trading as Britz (ABN 94 001 789 957), Tourism Top End Incorporated (ABN 86 811 805 917), Tourism NT (ABN 17 435 764 236), the Trustee for Bigfish Gear Australia Unit Trust trading as Bigfish (ABN 62 494 815 663) and The Trustee for the Casuarina Investment Fund (ABN 28 815 802 041).
“Recreational Fishing Charter Vessel” or “Tourism Charter Vessel” means a boat that is being used exclusively for recreational fishing in the course of an arrangement under which money or some other consideration is, or is required to be, paid or given by or on behalf of a person or persons for the right to fish from that boat.
“RFID” means Radio Frequency Identification.
“Setline, trawl, trawl line, trotline, spiller, and long-line” means a long fishing line with many shorter lines and hooks or lures attached to it.
“Spear fishing” means any form of fishing involving a sharpened stick, wooden or metal pole or similar instrument.
“Sportsbet Fish Tag” means the tag professionally attached to a barramundi fish by NTMEC’s independent contractor. The Sportsbet Fish Tag will be red in colour and include the words “Million Dollar Fish Competition” and include a numeric code from “S99101 to S9350” or such other codes as may be activated and specified on the website from time to time (it will also include the reactivation of the nine (9) pre-nominated Major Prize barramundi from Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8) and the telephone number 1800 077 001 for Entrants to call for Prize Claim Verification.”
“Website” means the world wide web domain ofwww.milliondollarfish.com.au.
- Entry into the Competition is open to any person who meets the requirements of these Terms and Conditions.
- All Employees and Family Members of Employees of Sportsbet Pty Ltd (being the underwriter of the Cash Prizes in the Competition and witness of Sportsbet Fish Tag release locations) and of NTMEC (being the promoter of the Competition) are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- NTMEC’s Nominees, Promotion Partners, sponsors, agents or agencies associated with the Competition are eligible to enter the Competition unless the individual has been directly involved with the Competition planning, or the fish capture tag and release process which may deem the Entrant to have gained an advantage in identifying a location and recapturing a fish tagged with a Sportsbet Fish In reviewing and deciding whether an Entrant has gained any specific advantage by way of an Entrant’s involvement as an NTMEC Nominee, a Promotion Partner, a sponsor, or an agent or agency associated with the Competition, NTMEC and its Nominees have sole and absolute discretionary in accordance with the Competition Terms and Condition and any decision will be final, binding and non-reviewable.
- Entry into the Competition is free. Entrants must bear their own costs to participate in the Competition.
- Entrants must complete the registration process at the milliondollarfish.com.au website to be eligible to participate in the Competition. Only one (1) standard entry per person. The registration must be accepted by NTMEC in order for an individual to qualify to win a Cash Prize.
- Entry into the Competition will be available via the milliondollarfish.com.au website during the Competition Entry Period.
- All Entrants must provide Entrant Identification consistent with the Terms and Conditions, if requested by NTMEC.
- The Competition will be staged during the Competition Period.
- No Prizes will be awarded in circumstances where an Entrant catches or presents a barramundi with a Sportsbet Fish Tag outside of the Competition Period.
RISKS BORNE BY ENTRANTS
- Entrants acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in participating in the Competition and that participation may involve potentially dangerous activities and risk to property, personal safety or death. Entrants accept all risks in participating in the Competition and forever release and will not hold NTMEC or its Nominees (including Sportsbet, Promotion Partners or sponsors), liable for any damage to property, personal injury or death incurred in connection with participating in the Competition.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that NTMEC and its Nominees (including Sportsbet, Promotion Partners or sponsors):
- accept no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected Entries, Claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or
- have no control over communication networks or services, the Internet, or computer or telephone networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise; and
- are not liable for any consequences of defects or errors including in connection with the Competition’s automated entry process, defect in any connectivity to the site or any device or
COMPETITION RULES AND PRIZE CLAIM VERIFICATION ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
- An Entrant must have completed a valid registration at the milliondollarfish.com.au website and complied with these Terms and Conditions before presenting any Claim for a Sportsbet Tagged Fish Cash Prize.
- At the time of Competition launch, Entrants do not require a Recreational Fishing License in the Northern Territory but must comply with any changes in laws during the Permits are required if entering Aboriginal Land and permits may also be required for access to tidal waters overlying Aboriginal Land for fishing purposes. Information on permit requirements is available from the Northern Land Council on 1800 645 299 or by visiting the website www.nlc.org.au.
- Entrants must comply with the NT Fisheries rules and legislation for recreational fishing, details of which can be found at: Recreational fishing | NT.GOV.AU.
- Line Fishing is the only accepted fishing technique that may be used by Entrants to catch a Barramundi with a Sportsbet Fish Tag. An Entrant may also use a Landing Net in combination with Line Fishing. Other capturing or fishing methods are not permitted and will result in immediate disqualification.
- NTMEC and its Nominees can, at their discretion, undertake an investigation into the fishing technique used to catch a Barramundi tagged with a Sportsbet Fish tag and will determine in their absolute discretion whether the fish was caught utilising the Line Fishing technique.
- Subject to clause 23, the Competition is not open to Commercial Fishing Vessels. NTMEC and its Nominees will determine in their absolute discretion whether a vessel constitutes a Commercial Fishing Vessel for the purposes of the Competition.
- A Recreational Fishing Charter Vessel or Tourism Charter Vessel used by an Entrant is permitted as an eligible vessel to participate in the Competition. An Entrant may be required to prove that a vessel used in connection with the Competition is a Recreational Fishing Charter Vessel or Tourism Charter Vessel.
- When an Entrant, in a manner compliant with these Terms and Conditions, catches a Barramundi with a Sportsbet Fish Tag, the Entrant must then proceed with the Prize Claim Verification process to qualify for the relevant Cash Prize.
- The Prize Claim Verification process will include and require the Entrant with a Claim to meet the following requirements:
- The Entrant must not remove the Sportsbet Fish Tag. If the Sportsbet Fish Tag is covered with algae, please remove the algae from the Sportsbet Fish Tag before proceeding with photographs.
- The Entrant must take a photograph of the fish and Sportsbet Fish Tag in a manner compliant with the sample photographs set- out on the Website. Sample photographs can be accessed on milliondollarfish.com.au. There are three key photographs required. The Entrant must not clean, gut or scale the fish prior to taking the photographs and must leave the Sportsbet Fish Tag in place when taking the photographs. (1). One photograph must clearly display the front of the fish. (2). One photograph must be taken of the fish on a fish mat, or alongside a ruler or alongside a tape measure to clearly display the length of the fish and be laid out in a manner to display the fish tag. (3). One close-up photo of the Sportsbet Fish Tag to verify the tag number is also required.
- The Entrant must telephone 1800 077 001 and quote the unique code on the Sportsbet Fish Tag to register the Claim and to verify the Cash Prize Value (if any).
- The Entrant must send or upload the photographs of the fish to MDrecapture@infofishaustralia.com.au for verification by InfoFish.
- The Entrant must retain the fish and tag for final verification in accordance with Clause 27.
- The Entrant is responsible for delivery of the fish and Sportsbet Fish Tag for final verification in accordance with Clause 27 to NTMEC’s Darwin based office: Level 2, 16 Bennett Street, Darwin City, NT 0800, unless the Entrant request alternate arrangements have been made with NTMEC.
- NTMEC representatives will undertake verification using a custom RFID reader in accordance with Clause 27.
- The Entrant accepts the final advice provided by InfoFish to NTMEC and Sportsbet and such advice will be final, binding in the determination of the awarding of a Cash Prize Winner:
- If InfoFish deem at their discretion the fish to have been caught using a method other than Line Fishing, the Entrant will be disqualified from receiving the relevant Cash Prize.
- If InfoFish deem at their discretion the fish displayed in the photograph uploaded by the Entrant in accordance with Clause 25(d) is not the original fish tagged with a Sportsbet Fish Tag, the Entrant will be disqualified from receiving the relevant Cash
- Subject to completing the Claim Verification Process and these Terms and Conditions, the Entrant will be declared a Cash Prize Winner upon final verification using a custom RFID If the Sportsbet Fish Tag does not validate using the custom RFID reader, the Entrant will be disqualified from receiving the relevant Cash Prize.
- Any evidence of tampering or manipulation or destruction of the Sportsbet Fish Tag will automatically disqualify any Entrant from receiving the relevant Cash
- If there is evidence of the Entrant using a fishing method other than the method other than permitted under these Terms and Conditions, the Entrant will be disqualified from receiving the relevant Cash
- A Cash Prize Winner agrees, at NTMEC’s request, to participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this competition or the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to NTMEC, its related bodies and Nominees using the Cash Prize Winner’s name and image in promotional Without limitation, Entrants consent to being broadcast, filmed, photographed, interviewed or otherwise recorded without compensation while participating in this Competition, or in taking or using any prize, and they consent to NTMEC’s repeating any such broadcast, film or other recording at any time worldwide and in perpetuity. Any photographs taken by a Cash Prize Winner become the Property of NTMEC, its related bodies or Nominees for promotional purposes.
- NTMEC may in its sole discretion advertise and run related promotions in respect of Sportsbet Fish Tags and Cash Prizes (for example, and without limitation, “Double Your Dough” and “Buddy Bonus”). Such related promotions and any prizes, as advertised on milliondollarfish.com.au that form part of the Competition, are governed by these Terms and Conditions or may refer to separate Terms and Conditions as advertised on www.milliondollarfish.com.au.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- It is a term of entry that each Entrant agrees to NTMEC collecting Personal Information about the
PURPOSE AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal Information will be collected, managed and administered to communicate with Entrants (including by email) and to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and for marketing and ancillary purposes.
- An Entrant may choose to opt-out of correspondence issued by NTMEC by following the opt-out instructions available in the communication. Opt-out of correspondence will not constitute an Entrant being disqualified from participating in the Competition.
- An Entrant who receives correspondence from NTMEC’s Nominees may choose to opt-out of correspondence issued by a Nominee by following the opt-out instructions available in the communication.
- If NTMEC discloses Personal Information to a Nominee or third party, NTMEC will require the Nominee or third party to protect the Entrant’s Personal Information in a manner compliant with the laws of the Northern Territory of Australia and relevant Australian federal legislation.
METHOD OF COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal Information is collected from a person completing the Website registration as an Entrant and is required by NTMEC as a condition of participation in the
- Entrants consent to NTMEC publishing their name or alias and any Cash Prize winning results in the ‘Prizes’ section of the Website if NTMEC so NTMEC will not be held responsible for any loss of reputation, status or otherwise of an Entrant in connection with the publication of an Entrant’s Personal Information.
- Any tax liability or associated legislative or regulatory requirement arising as a result of accepting a Cash Prize is the sole responsibility of the Cash Prize Winner.
- If a Cash Prize winner requires currency conversion to accept payment of a Cash Prize, the winner accepts that any fees payable to any financial institution or other money exchange will be the responsibility of the Cash Prize winner and such fees may be deducted from the Cash Prize as part of payment of the Cash Prize.
GOVERNING LAW AND GENERAL
- In the event there is a dispute or issue concerning or in any way arising out of or in relation to any aspect of the conduct, management or determination about the Competition, the decision of NTMEC and/or its Nominee is final, binding and non-reviewable, and no correspondence will be entered
- The Competition is governed by the Laws of the Northern Territory of Australia. An Entrant agrees to be bound by the Laws of the Northern Territory and to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Northern Territory in the event of any dispute successfully brought before a
- NTMEC reserves the right to change, add or alter any of the terms and conditions (including adding more prizes but not reducing the number of existing prizes) if in the absolute discretion of NTMEC it is in the interest of the Competition or is otherwise desirable, and such change will be notified to the Entrant by being placed on the Website and each Entrant will be bound by such change, addition or alteration to the Terms and
- These Terms and Conditions form the basis of an agreement made between NTMEC and all Entrants which is made and entered into in the Northern Territory of
THE MILLION DOLLAR FISH LUCKY PRIZE POOL (COMPETITION)
- On entering this Competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions and the Competition Participants’ Terms & Conditions (Main MDF T&Cs) which can be accessed here https://milliondollarfish.com.au/terms-conditions. Please read both sets of terms and conditions carefully. If there is an inconsistency between the Terms and conditions for this Competition and the Main MDF T&Cs, the Main MDF T&Cs prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
- The Competition is a game of chance for registered Entrants who are residents of Australia and over 18 years of age.
- Any attempt by the Entrant and/or a Family Member and/or a friend to enter more than once, using any third-party proxy voting services, using multiple names or e-mail addresses and/or any other fraudulent mechanism(s), including robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods, will give NTMEC, in its sole discretion, the right to disqualify the Entrant’s entry.
- NTMEC Employees and their Family Members are ineligible to win the Competition.
HOW TO ENTER?
- To submit an entry, a person needs to register to enter the Million Dollar Fish Competition by filling in the format milliondollarfish.com.au. Only one (1) standard entry per person. Any Entrant drawn who has more than one entry will be disqualified from winning.
- Failure to comply with these terms and conditions or complete all fields required will deem the entry invalid and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition commences on 1 October 2023 and closes on 31 March 2024 at 11:59PM (ACST).
- The prize draws will take place at Northern Territory Major Events Company; Level 2, 16 Bennett Street, Darwin City, 0800. See the table below for details of each draw.
- The winners of the prize draws will be notified by email and announced on the official website –milliondollarfish.com.au – within five (5) day of the relevant prize draw.
- The prizes are subject to the winner (and guests if relevant) satisfying health, age and safety requirements and producing documentation to prove his/her identity when collecting the prize that matches in all respects the information provided in the valid entry.
- If a prize is unclaimed within one (1) month of receiving notification, a redraw will take place of all unclaimed prizes on 30 April 2024 at Northern Territory Major Events Company; Level 2, 16 Bennett Street, Darwin City, 0800. In the case of a redraw, the prize winner will be notified by phone and email and the winner’s name may be published on the official NTMEC website within 2 business days of the draw.
- Winners of the trip prizes (if any) should seek independent financial advice about any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings.
- NTMEC reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at NTMEC’s discretion. Failure by NTMEC to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- In participating in the Competition, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all promotional activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed, filmed for broadcast and photographed. The winners agree to grant NTMEC a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner (and his/her guest) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- NTMEC and its Nominees may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for Competition marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages to the Entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to NTMEC or its Nominee. All entries become the property of NTMEC.
- If a prize is unavailable, NTMEC, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- As a condition of accepting the trip prize (if any), the winner must sign any documentation in the form required by NTMEC or its Nominees in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity.
THE PRIZE(S) AND DETAILS OF PRIZE DRAW
- The Competition is a game of chance chosen randomly from the Competition Entrants. The following prizes are subject to change at any time at the discretion of NTMEC or is Nominees
|Airnorth||Two return airfares to Darwin departing from any destination serviced by the Airnorth network. Valued at $4,000|
|BigFish Gear||12 x Million Dollar Fish merchandise packs valued at $137.70 each|
|Britz||One x Seven days (six nights) in a Britz Six berth (Frontier) campervan – with the Inclusive Pack – for pick up and drop off at our Darwin branch. Valued at $3000 Two x three days (two nights) in a Britz two berth (HiTop) campervan – with the Inclusive Pack – for pick up and drop off at our Darwin branch. Valued at $600 each|
|Engel||Six MT-V60FC combination fridge / freezer. Valued at $1,849.00 each Six 19 Litre Cooler/Dry Box. Valued at $119 each Six 20 Litre Ice Box. Valued at $299 each|
|Craig’s Fishing Warehouse||7 x $500 Craig Fishing Warehouse Vouchers|
|Carlton United Breweries||4 x $500 Great Northern merch store vouchers|
|Hidden Valley Ford||Win one of six Ford Rangers or a Mustang for a week. Pick up and drop off from the Darwin branch (valid to NT residents only) valued at $1,500 each|
|Holidays of Australia||Two fishing holiday packages to the Northern Territory valued at $2,500 each|
|Shimano||Six Shimano tackle fishing packs valued at $1,049 each|
|TOTAL PRIZE POOL||$49,197.00|
- The prize draws will take place on the last working business day of the month starting from Tuesday 31 October 2023 and ending on Monday 1 April 2024 at the Northern Territory Major Events Office: Level 2, 16 Bennett Street, Darwin City 0800. The major prizes are drawn first (to ensure that all entries have a chance at winning those prizes) For the avoidance of doubt, those dates are as follows (unless NTMEC specifies otherwise on the Website):
- Prize draw one: Tuesday 31st October 2023 at 10:00am
- Prize draw two: Thursday 30th November 2023 at11:00am
- Prize draw three: Friday, 22 December 2023 at 10:00am
- Prize draw four: Tuesday 30th January 2024 at 10:00am
- Prize draw five: Thursday 29th February 2024 at 10:00am
- Prize draw six: Monday 1st April 2024 at 10:00am
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their Personal Information to NTMEC and not to Facebook or Instagram. The Personal Information an Entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Competition must be directed to NTMEC and not to Facebook or Instagram.
- Any attempt to cause damage to the Website or the information on any website associated with this Competition or to otherwise undermine the fair and legitimate operation of this Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. NTMEC reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law in the event that any such attempt is made, whether or not that attempt results in any such damage, interference or undermining.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders NTMEC’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, or Northern Territory Government directive, NTMEC may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- NTMEC is not responsible for lost, interrupted communications or unavailable server or other connections, failed telephone, mid-delivery or computer transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of NTMEC, NTMEC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, NTMEC (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) ; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under NTMEC’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by NTMEC), due to any reason beyond the control of NTMEC; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (‘Non-Excludable Guarantees’). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, NTMEC (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
NSW Permit No. TP/02953
ACT Permit No. TP 23/01961
SA Permit No. T 23/1405
Double the Dough Competition
Information on how to enter the “Double the Dough” promotion which forms part of Season 9 of the Million Dollar Fish competition (“Promotion”) and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions and the Competition Participants’ Terms & Conditions (Main MDF T&Cs) which can be accessed here milliondollarfish.com.au/terms-conditions. Please read both sets of terms and conditions carefully. If there is an inconsistency between the Terms and conditions for this Competition and the Main MDF T&Cs, the Main MDF T&Cs prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
- Capitalised terms and expressions in these Conditions of Entry have the same meaning as the in Main MDF T&Cs, unless defined otherwise herein.
- The “Promoter” is Northern Territory Major Events Company (ABN: 22 085 961 520) of 16 Bennett Street, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800.
- The Promotion commences
- at 12:00am Australian Central Standard Time (“ACST”) on Saturday, 18 November 2023 and will close at 11:59pm ACST on Sunday 19 November 2023.
- To participate in the Promotion you must:
- be an Australian resident aged 18 years or older; and
- be registered for the Million Dollar Fish Season 9 before the “Promotional Period”
(an “Eligible Entrant”).
- Additional Terms and Conditions
- Eligible Entrants expressly excludes employees of the Promoter, event partners and any agencies, firms and/or companies (and their immediate families), who are directly associated with the Promotion.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- To participate in the Promotion, Eligible Entrants must fish at the specified location during the Promotional Period.
- To win the Promotion, an Eligible Entrant must be the first person to catch a verified Season 9 red-tagged barramundi worth $10K during the Promotion Periods. (“Winner”). There is only one winner per Promotion Period.
- This Promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
PRIZES AND NOTIFICATION
- The Winner will be awarded a cash prize of $20,000 by the Promoter (“Prize”)
- The Promotion excludes any tagged fish worth $1 Million Dollars.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
- The Prize Claim Verification process will include and require the Entrant to meet the requirementsoutlined in section 25 here:
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the Prize, these terms and conditions or any aspect of the competition at its discretion.
- The Winner will be announced on the Million Dollar Fish Facebook and Instagram page once the fish is verified in accordance with the processes set out in the Million Dollar Fish terms and conditions.
NOTIFICATION AND MEDIA
- The Winner gives the Promoter permission to publish their name and photo on social media or any other publicity without compensation.
- The Winner agrees to otherwise participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, photographed and broadcast. The Winner agrees to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media and the Winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use or any moral or other rights.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or indirect loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion should be directed to the Promoter.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any Prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way before, or after, it reaches the Winner.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a Prize.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, COVID-19, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory regulations.
- Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win and it is within the Promoter’s discretion to not display, or remove entries, from social media and the website.
- Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third-party rights, including intellectual property rights, will be deemed ineligible.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions of entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All contestants release from, and indemnify the Promoter against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising to of accepting the prize or participation in the competition including but not limited to loss of income and personal injury.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook.
- This competition is governed by the laws of the Northern Territory.
- Eligible Entrants agree that the Promoter can continue to contact them after the Promotion ends. If an Eligible Entrant would like to access or correct the personal information that the Promoter holds about the them, or if the Eligible Entrant does not wish the information to be disclosed, the entrant should advise the Privacy Officer of the Promoter by email firstname.lastname@example.org.